Lebanese Minister of Agriculture during a meeting
with Secretary General of the Jordanian Ministry of Agriculture
Who we are:
The Regional Centre on Agrarian Reform and Rural Development for the Near East CARDNE, an autonomous intergovernmental organization, hosted in The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and consist of ten member states: Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Arab Republic of Egypt, Syrian Arab Republic, Republic of Tunisia, Republic of Iraq, Republic of Lebanon, Republic of Yemen, Republic of Sudan, Islamic Republic of Mauritania, Kingdom of Morocco, and Palestinian National Authority ( as an observer ).
To serves the needs of member states in the Near East in a broad range of issues related to agricultural and pastoral communities in rural regions by working through a network of designated national centres in member states, aiming at:
- Assisting national action, stimulating and promoting regional cooperation relating to agrarian reform and rural development;
- Integrating rural people into the development process and promoting their involvement in the social, economic and cultural life of their communities;
- Serving member states in these fields by providing consultative services and technical support, fostering the exchange of ideas and experience, and encouraging collaborative activities for the benefit of the people of one or more member states.
Working through a network of the national institutions in its member states. We foster an open exchange of ideas and experiences with the primary Mission of:
- Stimulating and promoting regional cooperation in agrarian reform and rural development;
- Providing expert consultation, technical support, field research and specialized, strategic activities.