The Regional Center on Agrarian Reform and Rural Development for The Near East (CARDNE) signed a cooperation agreement with The National Center For Agricultural Research (NARC) to develop the agricultural sector and scientific research in the kingdom.
The National Research Center in the Arab Republic of Egypt, headed by Dr. Ashraf Shaalan, signed a number of cooperation protocols today with a number of industrial bodies. The first of these protocols was to examine the imports and exports of agricultural products headed by Ismail Jaber, Chairman of the General Authority for Export and Import Control.
The National Research Center and Tanta Flax Company signed a protocol of cooperation to find environmentally friendly green treatment of the fibers of books and industrial waste. The signing of a protocol of cooperation between the center and the Holding Company for Cotton, Spinning and Weaving and the vice president of the company, Hamadna Allah, confirmed the vital role of state institutions to develop the industry and link it with scientific research.
The National Research Center signed five cooperation protocols with a number of national paper companies, namely Islamic Paper Company, Al Amal Paper Company, United Paper Industries Company and MMA Paper Company.
For his part, Major General Ayman Shafei, Director of the College of Medicine of the Armed Forces, presented the shield of the College of National Research Center and a certificate of appreciation to Dr. Ashraf Shaalan, head of the Center.
The Regional Center for Agrarian Reform and Rural Development in the Near East (CARDNE) held the 15th Ordinary Meeting of the Board of Directors and the 40th Ordinary Meeting of the Executive Committee during the period 4-5 / 11 /2017 at the Center headquarters in Amman, Jordan.
This gallery contains 7 photos.
The Regional Center on Agrarian Reform and Rural Development in the Near East (CARDNE) held a regional workshop on “Role of Information and Communications Technology in Rural Development (Reality and Solutions)” during the period from 2016/10 / 27-25 in Amman-Jordan. The main objective of the workshop is to determine the ways and means in which telecommunication services and information and communication technologies in rural areas address the challenges faced by small farmers, and to explore the role that can be played by specific stakeholders through various initiatives in this area, especially projects that support women and young people in rural areas with special attention to display projects and programs that have achieved success in this area.
The workshop also aims to improve the use of information and communication services to rural telecommunications in North Africa and the Near East technology with the objective of supporting family farming for smallholders and rural populations.
Experts and specialists in the field of rural development and information technology, and representatives from the Ministries of Agriculture of the Member States of the center participated in the workshop (Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Sudan, Palestine, Iraq, Morocco, and Tunisia).
A discussion paper was presented on rural development and the means of modern communication concepts and its role in rural development. Participants presented working papers of the participating countries and also formed working groups to discuss the papers presented and come up with practical recommendations to the concerned authorities.
The main recommendations were:
- Conduct preliminary studies to identify the beneficiaries of the data and check information type and data sources.
- Raise the level of awareness among beneficiaries about how to access information and what is appropriate and not appropriate to local conditions.
- Explore funding resources for development activities in the rural areas.
- Assigning a cooperative and/or platforms from the rural population to support them to obtain the means and tools to deliver the knowledge programs.
- Establish mobile extension units for remote areas.
- Establish database systems for rural residents to be able plan the means of knowledge transfer.
- Encourage the exchange of experiences between the countries, especially countries with common comparative advantage (Egypt and Morocco), through their skills in the technical field (the study of web sites and how to build it and the continuity of its work).
- Target young people and rural women actors for specialized training programs in the training centers in villages.
- Analyze data/systems in order to determine the appropriate training materials for the target audience.
- Update the quality of the communication means and the message to suit the target group.
FAO conducted a national workshop with cooperation of CARDNE in title of “Integrating Watershed Restoration into Water Accounting in Zarqa River Basin (ZRB)” on 20-21st of January, 2016 at Landmark Hotel in Amman-Jordan.
قام المركز الإقليمي للإصلاح الزراعي والتنمية الريفية في الشرق الأدنى وبإشراف ومشاركة وزارة الزراعة الاردنية بعقد دورة تدريبية في مجال “منظومة التصرّف المبني على النتائج أو القدرة على الأداء” لمجموعة من كادر وزارة الفلاحة والموارد المائية والصيد البحري التونسية ومجموعة من كادر وزارة الزراعة الاردنية وذلك في الفترة ما بين 21-23 / 4 / 2015 في عمان-المملكة الاردنية الهاشمية