Based on the decision of the Board of Directors and within the center’s plan to implement a national training course or workshop in each of the member states, and at their request, the following has been implemented:
- The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, 3-5 July 2018 in cooperation with the World Trade Organization (WTO), the Ministry of Agriculture in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, the Center and the World Trade Organization regarding the Intellectual Property Rights Agreement (IP) and the Agreement on the Protection of Plant Varieties (UPOV).
With the participation of (33) participants from the Ministry of Agriculture, the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Institution for Standards and Metrology, the Investment Authority, the Royal Scientific Society, the Al-Hashemi Fund for the Development of the Badia, and the universities and related companies concerned.
- Covering various aspects of trade-related intellectual property rights, with a focus on areas related to the agricultural sector.
- Create awareness of the importance of the intellectual property rights system in trade.
- Discussing the role of intellectual property rights in the context of geographical indications and the challenges in implementing national laws and legislations.
- Highlighting the important role of the International Union for the Protection of New Plant Varieties and the efforts made with the World Trade Organization in this field.